Sunday, March 30, 2014

RIP James "Poppy" P. Hughes

1935 - 2014

This morning, I was woken up to learn that my grandfather on my father's side, who we all called "Poppy", passed away. He was 78 years old. For the past few years, Poppy had been suffering from emphysema and was on oxygen masks and over the past few days, he came down with some type of illness. He was a good man who enjoyed spending time with his family and raised 4 kids (one being my dad). This is a deep tragedy since I knew him for all of my life. The only solace that my family and I can take at this time is that he was able to see his 3 great grandchildren while he was still alive (one from my cousin and two from my brother), which was more than his father could do as his dad died long before he met my grandmother.

I do promise that Monster Crap will continue on its month to month induction schedule, but for this week, I probably will not be online as much, starting tomorrow as we go through the funeral and the wake for this good man.

Poppy, you will be greatly missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment