Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Impact Implosion 7/05 - The Old LAX Is Back!

Good news everyone, this was not a show worthy of a D or F. And you get to hear me screw up what month it is...

However, that may be just as bittersweet for you as it was for me as ultimately a dumb decision made me sadly give the show a C when I was going to give it a B. That dumb decision: bringing back Hernandez. If you followed this show long enough, you might remember the last time Hernandez was here, he caused this promotion to have a huge tiff since while he said his Lucha Underground contract expired, it turns out that it didnt really expire until all the episodes that he was on, aired. So because of this freaking nonsense, we had to cut out months of planned segments which eventually led to Kenny King and MVP leaving Impact. It was not a good time and I basically said I didnt want his ass back. Well, he is now and I have to deal with it. 

But that wasnt the only issue I had with the final segment that led with King being the one who took down Konnan and reformed the old LAX to face Konnan and the LAX that we have known for the last week. Konnan said he had proof and that proof turned out to be an accusation and all he had to do was annoy King enough to where he fesses up to the whole thing. Also when this all started, King was #3 in the LAX hierarchy with Konnan being #1 and Homicide being #2. Since Homicide basically is part of the old LAX, it was sure nice of him to basically take a demotion to run with King. 

There was also a bad Knockouts Tag Match that was basically ruined by the ending where a ref was way out of position for a bump. 

However, I want to preface that this show was actually good. We had a great opener between Rich Swann and Fenix. We had the mistake that was undone  with KM and Fallah Baah getting back together. Killer Kross did impress in his debut as a monster despite two small issues I had. We had Austin Aries cut another great promo on Moose. 

And finally, I cant believe I am saying this: We had a good Kongo Cat match. Yes, Kongo Cat had a really good match with Brian Cage. I was surprised by the lengths these two went to including Kong Cat performing a HURRICARANA!!!! Yes, that happened. 

The fact that I am talking about this show this much should basically tell you that I liked this episode of Impact and really am saddened by having to give it a C. But I think I have talked too much now. 

Click Here To Listen

No comments:

Post a Comment