Thursday, January 28, 2021

RIP James "Jim" G. Hughes Sr.

1960-2021

This is going to be a very hard one to write. Not just because this was my dad, but because I am still recovering from the same disease that sadly took his life (I have tested negative so I am good now). 

On December 26, my dad sat me and my friend (who lives with us) and told us that he tested positive for COVID-19 and made us get tested. That time we tested negative, but on December 30, 2020....my father had to call 911 and was taken to the hospital. After that, he seemed fine, but eventually, things went for the worst. Eventually, we were having to talk about whether to let Dad go to a room so he will be comfortable as he passes away. 

Along the same time, I got a cough of my own and sadly it was a combination of COVID-19 and pneumonia (which I sadly infected my mom and friend with). On January 16, I had to head to the hospital myself since my blood oxygen level was staggering low. Then on 1-2 AM on January 18 (my birthday), I got a phone call from my brother that said my dad died in his sleep a few hours before on January 17. 

This truly does suck as I was living with my dad (and my friend) and he was paying a lot of the bills. The future of Monster Crap is very much in the air. Anyway, I loved my dad a lot and it truly sucked when my mom and him separated (several years ago, never officially divorced). 

My dad was there for a lot of hard times like when I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis or when I had to deal with the hell of getting Social Security Insurance from the state of Virginia. The photo you see is me and my dad at a Carolina Panthers game (Carolina beat Washington in that game). For 30 years, I was spared mostly from the sorrow of having to deal with the death of loved ones (only my uncle died of a brain tumor, but he and my aunt were separated and she had a new boyfriend), now 7 years afterwards, I lost another uncle (who was the youngest sibling on my mom's side), both my grandfathers, and now my dad. 

He is of course survived by my mom, me and my brother, and my brother's wife and two sons. He will be greatly missed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment