Thursday, March 24, 2011

Grizzly 2

In my Grizzly induction, I think I stated that I wanted to see the workprint to the unreleased gem that is Grizzly 2, which has Louise Fletcher, John Rhys-Davies, Deborah Foreman, Charlie Sheen, Laura Dern, and in his first feature film credit ever (aka the film that he himself has admitted gave him his green card) George Clooney. Well thanks to some recent developments and my computer, I can say that I have seen this workprint. My opinion of it is this...

1) It is not finished as the final fight with the killer bear is nowhere to be seen. You get to the part where the bear is about to attack the concert after killing the hired bear hunter, then there are a bunch of bloopers, and then you go to the bear dead.

2) Zero gore......there is dialogue where they talk about what happened to the victims, but you don't get to see any of it.

3) Several scene missing - besides the final fight I talked about already, there is a scene where one of the rangers is supposed to get killed and that scene is completely blacked out

4) The goddamn singing - They show entire songs during their practices that makes it look like a damn music video

5) It is too damn long - I know this is a work print and there hasnt been any cutting of scenes, but there are still many scenes that are complete padding and not even worth bothering (the whole lead singer - park ranger's daughter romance)

So yeah, I would recommend this work print never get a DVD release because no one would feel like they got their money's worth. However, I would recommend it be an extra on the blu-ray release of Grizzly. But, if you don't believe me, I am not the only person who has seen this film as The Cinema Snob has a video review up of this unreleased workprint.

http://thecinemasnob.com/2011/03/24/grizzly-ii-the-predator.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment