Thursday, July 20, 2023

RIP Jean McCarthy

 

1934 - 2023

This month has been hell. You all may know that my grandmother on my late dad's side passed away from dementia, but as I was writing the RIP post for that passing, I was informed earlier that morning by my mother that her mother (my grandmother on my mom's side) sadly passed away based off complications from heart surgery at the age of 89 years old. 

My mom was up there to care for my grandmother as after her heart surgery, she was having seizures and was hospital bed ridden. While I was up there before to say goodbye to my grandmother on my dad's side as she was in hospice care, I also had dinner with my grandmother on my mom's side and she did mention that she was having heart surgery as she recently had a heart attack and there were some issues with her heart. Sadly, that will mean that in a few days, I will be up in Albany as I will have a week to do both funerals. 

She will be missed, but hopefully she will be able to see my late grandfather on my mom's side and Uncle Frank. 

No comments:

Post a Comment