Monday, July 10, 2023

RIP Avis Hughes-Phillipe

1937-2023

I am sad to report that last week (on July 4th no less), my grandmother on my dad's side passed away at the age of 85 due to dementia. This month so far as been a trying time and it continues to be with news today that will be coming in a week.

A month ago, I made a trip up to New York to visit her because I had gotten news that her dementia (which was diagnosed this year) was rapidly destroying her and she was placed in hospice care with only six months to live. Sadly, it didnt even come close to lasting that long as one of my relatives never even got the chance to say goodbye. 

She joins my grandfather (who you sadly know passed away years ago due to pneumonia. But she still did have a happy life after my grandfather's passing as she married a family friend who also lost his spouse in John Phillipe, who was very good to her for the several years they had together. I will miss her, but thankfully she had a happy life and she gets to join my dad and granddad in the afterlife. 

May she rest in peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment