Saturday, July 25, 2020

RIP John Saxon

John Saxon 1958.jpg
1935-2020

Just 6-7 hours after I post my latest Monster Crap induction do I get news that made me extremely gutted as I hear of the passing of John Saxon (an actor who has been in many movies, most notably films like Enter The Dragon, A Nightmare On Elm Street, and for you MST3K fans, a little film called Mitchell) from pneumonia. First off, one of my two grandfathers sadly passed away in 2015 from pneumonia so great reminder there. Secondly, I met John Saxon at my very first horror convention in Monster Mania 16 in Hunt Valley, Maryland. It was the last day of the convention and me and my parents were getting ready to leave. We went down the elevator and we bumped into John Saxon who was probably one of the nicest people I met and he even took a picture with me.



I even mentioned in my Seth's Odyssey that I regret not getting his autograph at that convention and if he was ever at another convention that I was at, I would definitely would fix that mistake. Unfortunately, we were never at the same convention again and sadly now will never be at the same convention again with this news.

So to honor this man who has had several films that could be enjoyed as Monster Crap, I will be making this October "John Saxon Month" and making you all pick from several of his movies to see which movie gets to be inducted into Monster Crap this October. I couldn't think of a better way to honor this extremely nice gentlemen.

He will deeply be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment